Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
90s_Boy
Groupie

I have to say I haven't really read through this post... but am replying regarding the new singer.

I am a huge fan of Alice in Chains... and love Layne's Vocals and Jerrys Guitar work.

I would love to hear more songs from the band but am sure it will not be the same without Layne, but im still excited about the new album.

I actually watched AIC Live in Australia last month and William Duvall did a great job of the old AIC songs. You can't compare him to Layne and his vocals are different and will never be as good as Laynes. Unfortunetly Layne has died and AIC will never be the same, but im sort of happy that the spirit of AIC will still live on in a way. I'm still a bit worried that William isnt up to the mark, but after hearing Jerrys solo albums, im sure there will be some great songs on its way.

When I listened to some live shows on youtube with William as frontman I was shocked at how bad he sounded... but I must say he seems to have improved since then when I listned to him live in Australia. I have also listened to his band... coming with the fall, and I think his vocals sound good on there - whether you actually like the music or not.

All we can do is wait and see.... I know im excited for the new album!

RIP Layne!
90s_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote