Music Banter - View Single Post - Screamo: A Dying Style?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #89 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
It's funny you say that considering that The Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Tower carries a lot of jazz influence. Which you're fond of, no? Maybe you should use facts if you'd like to be taken seriously.
Hasn't it been three years now since they've dissipated? Hence, why are they relevant to the question of the genre's current supposed dying state of being?

On their behalf though, hilarity would ensue to have a fan of The Plot come into the Jazz forum and start talking ****.

anticipation:

1. I mentioned that Screamo was a "gathering point" for stupid children and the emotionally screwed up, not that they made up an ENTIRE demographic of listeners to the genre. Is it my fault they they serve as poster examples even when they don't represent folks like you?

2. Hours actually. My roommate has been listening exclusively to Ampere over the last week and its goddamn annoying.

3. Diverse in what sense my friend? Lyrics? Instrumentation? Vocals? I'd love to hear something interesting beyond The Sound of Animals Fighting or The Plot. . Recommend me, as swim did in a sense, a few bands you feel stand out from the vast sea of Teenage Angst of Chiodos and The Used and I'll get back to you with a more positive spin on this discussion. As fun as it is to criticize things in the general sense, its definitely more amusing when you have a discography on hand to provide sources, lol.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-02-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote