Music Banter - View Single Post - Hella
Thread: Hella
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Against the Machine View Post
Fucking incredible. I don't really care for the new lineup, though. They were better as a 2-piece.
I like the new lineup in the sense that they were able to play the songs from church Gon Wild/chirpin Hard live now that they had the extra people to cover the keyboards, bass, and the other stuff. I think the band has the potential to be better with the new lineup.

But as far as their latest album with the new lineup, I'm not really getting into it. I thought "cool, the amazing-ness that is Hella can now expand their sound beyond drums and guitar to make even more amazing stuff," which didn't really happen. Although the crazy noise drum and guitar duo are still there in the album, it is more in the backround. But the music is great for when you want to listen to something a bit more pop-ish but played by a great band. The song "The Things People Do When They Think No One Is Looking." If I want somethin with that whole verse/chorus/verse/chorus thing, I would rather listen to it done with some originality.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote