Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

LOL...
I don't see anything special about planets aligning other than the fact that it doesn't happen often.
My crap doesn't come out bright yellow all the time, but when it does, I gotta admit: It's cool to look at and the only worry I have is what I ate to make that happen.

The planets being aligned won't have any effect on gravity.
What's actually funny about this is I recently read a hoax that happened a long time ago in Britain regarding this very same thing.
Here it is:

Planetary Alignment Decreases Gravity
In 1976 the British astronomer Patrick Moore announced on BBC Radio 2 that at 9:47 AM a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event was going to occur that listeners could experience in their very own homes. The planet Pluto would pass behind Jupiter, temporarily causing a gravitational alignment that would counteract and lessen the Earth's own gravity. Moore told his listeners that if they jumped in the air at the exact moment that this planetary alignment occurred, they would experience a strange floating sensation. When 9:47 AM arrived, BBC2 began to receive hundreds of phone calls from listeners claiming to have felt the sensation. One woman even reported that she and her eleven friends had risen from their chairs and floated around the room.

This is proof that people are so gullible they can even be tricked into experiencing something that isn't even happening.

It's sad.
Don't be one of those people.