Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #95 (permalink)
Schredds
Special K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
physical punishment is an effective form of discipline. is it acceptable? that is not really an easy question to answer. as you can see here, plenty of people seem to think it did them quite a bit of good... although thats not good enough for you. the problem is, physical discipline is not always executed properly. as with all other things in this world, the system gets abused. no i dont mean ABUSE, i mean abused. some people dont exercise the form of discipline properly and there are negative consequences. thats parenting though, not everything is up to 'society'. it is essentially the same as saying 'feeding your kids fast food is unacceptable'. just because some parents feed their kids too much fast food and they become diabetic or obese doesnt mean that feeding fast food to children is unacceptable.... it means they exercised poor judgement as a parent. should we outlaw drinking too? im sure you can find empirical evidence that people who drink less abuse less, therefore we shouldnt do that either right? how about sex outside of marriage? think about all the babies that arent raised with a father figure becasue he left? empirically speaking it would be better if we just outlawed it right?... should society as a whole have to become homogenized because some parents dont know how to raise children properly? i think not. when society supercedes there is no individualism. id much rather live in a world full of crazies than a world of empty souls.
right on bro, I couldnt agree more.
Schredds is offline   Reply With Quote