Music Banter - View Single Post - Evolution and the Public School System
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #119 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
I vaguely remember this so there's probably going to be holes in this, but if i'm right he is arguing the idea that when eve picked the fruit of the tree she had to stand up on a box (was it a box?) to get to the fruit, and therefore she is using science. Upon using this "science" to get the fruit she is abandoning something (i wish I could remember) and now can judge evil and good. She now has consciousness. This consciousness keeps us out of paradise, because as long as we continue to judge what is evil and good we cannot be in paradise.

Or you could just take the view that science keeps us from paradise because science is empirical in nature, and the religion in the supernatural, so you can't believe in both empirical ways of seeing things and religious ways.

pick which ever one pleases you the most.
she's abandoning her dependence on god. but crap, i've never heard about this box business before, i was taking it more on a metaphorical level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
I thought life and sins were the things that keep people out of paradise.
life=sin=science. science is becoming so fascinated with the shadows in the cave that you try to map the relations between shadows, how one shadow gives rise to another, it is essentially a method of getting so lost in the shadows that you can't find your way back out. now to say that this is "sin" or "evil" is laughable to me, but it does lead to an estrangement from god.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote