Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for electric guitar advice
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKalamity View Post
Yes, they're a bit overpriced, but my point still remains valid. If they weren't well-made, they wouldn't have any business, would they?

actually if a new brand came out and started trying to sell electric guitars at gibson's prices with their current quality control they'd be laughed off the walls. not just by shredders either (i can't comment on their acoustics). gibson is surviving by name at the moment and i won't be surprised to see them ending up like fender after saturating the market with too much product and having to drop the prices on their name line.

the last time i checked out entry level gibsons they were nasty looking. if they can't get something as basic as the paint job right then i'm not confident in their ability to get anything more complicated right. doesn't change the fact that a '74 les paul is still BY FAR the most amazing guitar i've ever tried.

like you said, epiphones are just as nice and with an upgrade can sound just as good as a classic. except you can take home two or three for the price of a gibson.

either way, love them, hate them, play them, ignore them, it makes no real difference, a musician's sound has always and will always come from their heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote