Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacake View Post
I've been too lazy to reply, actually. The Serial Number is C02060876 and on the back of the neck, just above the serial number, it says "JEM 7V WH".
A simple google search for that serial number reveals a jemsite and ibanezcollectors thread discussing its status as a known fake serial, used on large numbers of fake chinese Ibanez guitars.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showpo...16&postcount=8
Ibanez Collectors World

Seems my assumptions were correct. You don't have a Japanese or even Korean guitar, its chinese and the reason it isn't playing like a 2k guitar is because its more like a 100/200 one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Sodacake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 344
Default

Good thing I didn't buy it then, isn't it? And my opinion on the Ibanez solid body electric series isn't based solely on this guitar. I have played many of them (RG Series, SA/S Series, etc) but I just prefer the Artcore series for some reason.
Sodacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

preference is fine, i know the metal guitars aren't for everyone. I've never bagged on Dave for loving his fenders or anything like that, its just you tend to actively discourage people based on your own and you do so by stating your opinion as if its an incontrovertible fact rather than accepting the preferences of other players as valid.

If you had reasonable evidence then that would be fine, but as we've just seen, you were in fact mistaken on the one piece of hard evidence you presented, seeing as the thing you used initially and most prominently (And quite bitterly in fact) to back your opinion of ibanez as a company wasn't ibanez in the slightest.

You were also mistaken on a number of other bits of information I corrected previously, such as the USA custom shop. I'm aware I'm the resident Ibanez freak, and I'm aware I have a dislike of gibson to match (Although backed up by considerable evidence), but I'm more than willing to accept a better guitar for someone is a better guitar, such as in the case of daves love for fenders and matons which I would never play myself. i'm just trying to broaden the scope of this guys search because I know that a lot of traditional guitar companys offer the tone but not the ergonomics, and ibanez have tended to offer both to me.

Now can we check this and leave it at the door? You have almost a latent hostility towards ibanez purely because you aren't enamoured with their guitars, and by proxy towards me for defneding them as a company who are very good at offering specific things to specific people.

I don't come to this forum to engage in arguments about personal preference with someone less informed on the subject at hand than myself, and who is clearly pushing an agenda all their own rather than actually trying to help. We've derailed this thread long enough purely for the sake of me clearing the air of a few pieces of misinformation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Sodacake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 344
Default

I wasn't trying to start any kind argument with you. I admit i was wrong about my particular "Ibanez" and obviously they have fooled other people so it's not incredibly surprising that I was. All I said was that I liked the Ibanez Artcore series more than the solid body series. You're the one who turned this into something between you and I. Not me.
Sodacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Groupie
 
KelticKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
Thanks for the information. I do not care whether or not my guitar is name brand, so it's good to know about Gibson. I also don't want to drop $1000 for a fukin' beater. I may steer clear if there are good alternatives. I've heard a lot of praise for the Les Paul, though; it seems like there is a big split, like a love it or hate it type of feeling. Somebody also just threw out Paul Reed Smith guitars, and looking at their site I love the models I see- very clean... but again, don't know the technical information.

Look forward to hearing from Senor Dave, and any other insight you have to offer.
He just got one bad one so he posted against Gibson due to bitterness

Most Gibsons are very nice and well-made. My band's guitarist has one as well as a distant relative.

However, I recommend testing out an Epiphone Les Paul before you spend a ton of money.

You can get one for around 400-500 dollars and then spend a little extra for some humbuckers or whatever pickups you want.

That's my two cents
__________________
The hole is more honorable than the patch.
KelticKalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKalamity View Post
He just got one bad one so he posted against Gibson due to bitterness

Most Gibsons are very nice and well-made. My band's guitarist has one as well as a distant relative.

However, I recommend testing out an Epiphone Les Paul before you spend a ton of money.

You can get one for around 400-500 dollars and then spend a little extra for some humbuckers or whatever pickups you want.

That's my two cents
How very presumptuous of you, who has 2 posts, and joined this month. I assume you know everything about me now, based on one negative comment towards Gibson?

However, you're wrong. I've never owned a Gibson. Know why? Because I've played enough of them to determine that their quality control is WAY below the Pricing. That includes my uncles, a friend who owned 2, and over a decade of hanging around in guitar shops trying whatever took my fancy.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
via FoxyTunes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Groupie
 
KelticKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
How very presumptuous of you, who has 2 posts, and joined this month. I assume you know everything about me now, based on one negative comment towards Gibson?

However, you're wrong. I've never owned a Gibson. Know why? Because I've played enough of them to determine that their quality control is WAY below the Pricing. That includes my uncles, a friend who owned 2, and over a decade of hanging around in guitar shops trying whatever took my fancy.
Oh great, another uppity forum boy who judges people based on post count.

Don't condescend to me just because this is my first time on THIS particular music forum.

Yes, they're a bit overpriced, but my point still remains valid. If they weren't well-made, they wouldn't have any business, would they?
__________________
The hole is more honorable than the patch.
KelticKalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKalamity View Post
Oh great, another uppity forum boy who judges people based on post count.

Don't condescend to me just because this is my first time on THIS particular music forum.

Yes, they're a bit overpriced, but my point still remains valid. If they weren't well-made, they wouldn't have any business, would they?
No, I'm judging you based on the fact you've been here a very short length of time, and haven't engaged in the community long enough to have any clue who I am or why I think what I think. Despite this you still felt yourself more than well enough informed to make assumptions on why I hold the opinion I just stated.

As for 'a bit overpriced', I mentioned I've played more than a few Gibsons. The Les Paul Studios my friend owned (Price near to a thousand pounds on GAK) were absolutely destroyed on all levels by not only my S2170FW (799) but also in terms of playability and features, were beaten out by an RGT42DXFM (439) another friend had recently purchased. It was also handily beaten by the Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature a friend named Tim was very fond of playing at the time. (599)

Thats not 'a little overpriced', thats just price gouging. The ONLY reason they can get away with it is because they're Gibson, and they have a reputation so HUGELY undeserved, that even non-guitarists are aware of them as a company, and as such they sell a huge amount of guitars to people who will either never play, or will never assume anything better is out there, and so will be happy with the medicre performance of their Gibsons, because they never see any need to upgrade to anything except another Gibson model.

And lets not even BEGIN to consider their more 'upmarket' guitars, like the GOTM series or the multitude of 4000+ models whose differences are largely cosmetic over the lower end models.


----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Sal - Final Fantasy 10 Guardian's Sending OC ReMix
via FoxyTunes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKalamity View Post
Yes, they're a bit overpriced, but my point still remains valid. If they weren't well-made, they wouldn't have any business, would they?

actually if a new brand came out and started trying to sell electric guitars at gibson's prices with their current quality control they'd be laughed off the walls. not just by shredders either (i can't comment on their acoustics). gibson is surviving by name at the moment and i won't be surprised to see them ending up like fender after saturating the market with too much product and having to drop the prices on their name line.

the last time i checked out entry level gibsons they were nasty looking. if they can't get something as basic as the paint job right then i'm not confident in their ability to get anything more complicated right. doesn't change the fact that a '74 les paul is still BY FAR the most amazing guitar i've ever tried.

like you said, epiphones are just as nice and with an upgrade can sound just as good as a classic. except you can take home two or three for the price of a gibson.

either way, love them, hate them, play them, ignore them, it makes no real difference, a musician's sound has always and will always come from their heart.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

And what Dave said.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.