Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the T.V. a brainwash device or are people just parnoid
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #70 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Thanks sleepy jack.

jgd85, if you feel I'm badmouthing your country, I'm sorry you take it like that, it's never been my intention. As sleepy jack wrote, my response which obviously offended you was a reply to mr dave and I didn't write it based on an assumption that he's an american (though I thought he was after reading your last reply) .. I used the word worship because he did in his post and I intended to write in a comparative manner.

About the generalisations about 300 million people, well .. again, as sleepy jack wrote, that's what such a study is. There's a lot of those studies done in and published in America, possibly more than in any other nation. Because of that, if you do a search, they come up, simple as that. It doesn't mean US is the only country that has those trends. Not long ago, I tried to find a study on the mean age of wild rats and the first good thing I found was a study from a farm in Maryland. It's just the way it is.