Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone agreee that there is too much music out there?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I disagree with you:

There will never be too much music, for it might damn well be one of the huge and crucial elements to the next evolution, my friend. Sure, the music industry is waist-deep in creeps that are trying to SELL SELL SELL. This, in no way, should keep the a truly passionate listener from finding what he really likes. I agree with blue - you have to know where to look, and just from being here (MB) for a few days, I can already tell you this is more than a legit place to find good music. Why? Because a lot of these individuals here actually care and take pride in what they listen to. Some of these guys (and girls) are just straight up music fiends who are not only open to all types of music but to sharing it with strangers and cheeeeeses christ, I've not seen something more beautiful in ages. With that being said, now is a good time to face my hopeless addiction to MB. Hi, my name is Cathy and I'm addicted to music.

Getting back on topic, we mildly dabbled on the topic of money corrupting musicians in the Rock/Metal forum and mr. dave proved a great point: just because a musician is rewarded with money (in some cases), does not discredit him as a talented musician. We all dog on the ones that "sell-out", but honestly, don't you want that for a band you really dig to sell albums? In SOME cases, won't this mean more money to future albums by a band you love? Let's be real though - in most cases, the ones who really do sell out don't deserve a goddamn bit of it and the ones who truly work hard for music's sake, get meteoric, superficial reviews in yet another ****ty mag.

Albeit this unavoidable corruption in the music industry today, we can't let the mainstreamers take over (and in my opinion, we have not). Those of us who have a truly deep connection with music are way too ****ing strong to let Nickleback and the goddamned Jonas Brothers keep us from finding music that makes a difference. Lastly, if you're looking for some good tunes, browse around MB. I guarantee you'll find it.
i cannot agree with this post any more than i can now

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote