Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Emo Song
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 11:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
banonbush
Music Addict

Ok, lets clear this up. I didn't say lyrics dont' matter in general, I said they don't deem what genre music goes into. That, obviously, is the music's job. Of course lyrics are what the audience connects with, it is definitly what makes them feel. I agree totally with that. If I didn't, then I really would be an ignorant **** who knows nothing. I simply say that lyrics don't put music into genres. Maybe sub-genres, but that's another story.
To Jibber: I appreciate your reply, as it was one that was well stated and thought out. Nice work.

To Broken heart guy: It's pretty pathetic that you had to take spelling into account with my posts. That just says you have nothing left to say and have to make yourself sound smart by being some kind of want-to-be english scholar. We aren't in school, and no one cares if you misspell words. Honestly, I think we are pretty close to being on the same page, but are missing the connection. I like emo, I'm just arguing that it's not the lyrical content that makes it that, but rather the style of music, as in the style the instruments are playing.
P.S. Current emo albums I own (most recently listened to) Sunny Day RealEstate, Piebald, Saves the Day (the old stuff) Dashboard Confessional (the old stuff) Brand New(close enough), and Bright Eyes(I don't care if you don't like him).