Music Banter - View Single Post - Common home remedies...
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
No It doesn't and that awful advice. I used to work at Stanley Steemer and you would be amazed at some of the ridiculous things people tried to use on their own carpet. All I could do sometimes was shake my head at these people. Do not use shaving cream, you can buy a bottle of red wine remover from your local SS or other cleaning company for around 9 dollars american.

The red wine remover doesn't actually remove the red wine substance from the rugh, therefore requiring no method of extraction. Rather, it creates a chemical reaction with the wine and the rug that turns the wine 'invisible'. Making it match the color of the rug so its not visible.

Shaving cream WILL NOT remove anything from carpet (except your warranty), all it may do is foam up the area of the stain and cover it with a facade of soad residue. Which will eventually attract soil back to the spot and hold it like a magnet due to the spots elevated ph level.
Hey Crash,
I'm working on a house to sell it and I'm almost at the point where I'll be calling Stanley Steamer, but this carpet is EFFED up big time. No blood or fecal matter or anything like that, but there are a lot of deep stains.
What's the likelihood that all of it will come out?
I'm going to get a quote for 3 rooms, probably looking at around 2-300 dollars I'm guessing, but I'm wondering if it'd be better to re-carpet.

Any advice?

Edit:
The carpet is medium gray and fluffy, for lack of a better term.

Last edited by Freebase Dali; 03-31-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote