Music Banter - View Single Post - 75 Year Old Saudi Woman Sentenced To Lashes...
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #60 (permalink)
henry
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
I think you're missing the point...People will always find an excuse to be cruel and to discriminate, religion isn't the problem.
Of course religion is the problem. Religion founded the sets of beliefs and attitudes that you yourself live by every day. Sure you might not be religious but thats besides the point - religion was everything back in the day.

You cannot blame them for giving the woman 40 lashes, scenarios like this have to be examined delicately because we have to be understand of their religion. I myself think it is bull**** and that the Middle East need to stop living in the past and start to treat people more fairly, but that is how their society is and how it was shaped from their beliefs. They probably think we live in a funny society as well - where teenage gang members kill other teenagers and get away with it - where girls as young as 12 get pregnant - or how drugs are rampant everywhere.

A lot of factors go into these types of situations - you cannot just say that they are violent people and all they want to do is cause harm to people. You need to view the big picture - but more important you have to respect their culture and religion and the norms that they live by.