Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #81 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I absolutely disagree. For one you are implying that all woman want a family and two, just because we have a biological clock and do have children this does not mean we should have to look after children/family solely.

I am the total opposite of the women that were born and wed to have babies. I am extremely independent and the thought of having children makes me retch. I definitely am not ruling out children in the future, but I will be having a damn good career first and during if it does occur.

I know humans are designed to reproduce, like animals, but we have intelligent brains and it makes us distinct from other species. Yes some of us are meant to just keep the population going, survival of the fittest etc, but the most important thing is that we keep moving forward with science and technology, to create better futures for generations ahead.

I think the gender roles are absolute rubbish, as women have made incredible progress in all different fields of work, especially science and labour. Men now days do such activities as ballet, fashion design, and cooking. It is the 21st century, and I think because we still have the older generations still alive and kicking with their old fashion values, its hard to completely dissociate from these idealistic roles.

Who knows what roles people will be taking 100 years from now?
That does not take away from the fact that you (woman) are designed by nature to take care of infants without the help of anyone... Its nature basically spelling out gender roles if you think about it.

I have kids, and I love them but i don't have the same abilities as women simply because; I am a man...