Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #81 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I absolutely disagree. For one you are implying that all woman want a family and two, just because we have a biological clock and do have children this does not mean we should have to look after children/family solely.

I am the total opposite of the women that were born and wed to have babies. I am extremely independent and the thought of having children makes me retch. I definitely am not ruling out children in the future, but I will be having a damn good career first and during if it does occur.

I know humans are designed to reproduce, like animals, but we have intelligent brains and it makes us distinct from other species. Yes some of us are meant to just keep the population going, survival of the fittest etc, but the most important thing is that we keep moving forward with science and technology, to create better futures for generations ahead.

I think the gender roles are absolute rubbish, as women have made incredible progress in all different fields of work, especially science and labour. Men now days do such activities as ballet, fashion design, and cooking. It is the 21st century, and I think because we still have the older generations still alive and kicking with their old fashion values, its hard to completely dissociate from these idealistic roles.

Who knows what roles people will be taking 100 years from now?
That does not take away from the fact that you (woman) are designed by nature to take care of infants without the help of anyone... Its nature basically spelling out gender roles if you think about it.

I have kids, and I love them but i don't have the same abilities as women simply because; I am a man...
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #82 (permalink)
What a guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 2,124
Default

I'm out of this thread, I have some serious thinking to do.
__________________
last.fm
khfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #83 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
That does not take away from the fact that you (woman) are designed by nature to take care of infants without the help of anyone... Its nature basically spelling out gender roles if you think about it.
Because they give birth to them? Or because of breast milk? If it's the latter, in today's modern society, that isn't an issue. The former is just absurd seeing as once again it takes two to make a child.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #84 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
That does not take away from the fact that you (woman) are designed by nature to take care of infants without the help of anyone... Its nature basically spelling out gender roles if you think about it.

I have kids, and I love them but i don't have the same abilities as women simply because; I am a man...
Have you heard of evolution? Do you think with the advancement of the human race it is a possible that women are able to think for themselves (without a man telling them what to think) and decide whether they feel they need to look after their child and give up everything, or share the responsibility? Hell I'm not sure if you've heard from the rock you've been living under, that there is a substantial number of men these days that are the main carers of children.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #85 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Now its different, it is more competitive with the modern worlds resources. In the modern world you have daycare (notice its predominately women working there) and similac among other things... These items free up the woman from her natural responsibilities and allow her to be productive else where. You can see where i am going with this so I will end here..
Sleepy I stated that already...

Either way no matter how you break it down we (men) are not designed to take care of infants... With that said it makes you question monogamy..

I am not talking about modern, I am talking about nature and purpose..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Have you heard of evolution? Do you think with the advancement of the human race it is a possible that women are able to think for themselves (without a man telling them what to think) and decide whether they feel they need to look after their child and give up everything, or share the responsibility? Hell I'm not sure if you've heard from the rock you've been living under, that there is a substantial number of men these days that are the main carers of children.
Its not about having the ability to think for yourself.. I don't have what you have by natures design. That does not make me better than or less than..
It makes me male and you female.. I guess I should have said purpose rather than role..

I'm not here to be combative... Sorry for the double post..
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...

Last edited by Yukon Cornelius; 04-04-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #86 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Sleepy I stated that already...

Either way no matter how you break it down we (men) are not designed to take care of infants... With that said it makes you question monogamy..

I am not talking about modern, I am talking about nature and purpose..
We are designed to take care of infants. There are men that do. If they weren't designed to and there was no nurturing or paternal instinct in males whatsoever then they wouldn't be designed to but that isn't the case.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #87 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Its not about having the ability to think for yourself.. I don't have what you have by natures design. That does not make me better than or less than..
It makes me male and you female..
Because I have ovaries and can give birth it means I have to let that control my life? So you're saying the only purpose of women existing is to have your children? While you sleep around? You keep referring to men and women like we are monkeys, you're forgetting we have minds of our own.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #88 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Because I have ovaries and can give birth it means I have to let that control my life? So you're saying the only purpose of women existing is to have your children? While you sleep around? You keep referring to men and women like we are monkeys, you're forgetting we have minds of our own.
Not in todays standards no...

We have minds of our own yet there are millions of us... I dont really wanna argue with you about this..
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #89 (permalink)
Later on...
 
FireInCairo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,236
Default

You're all boring and whiny

Thread/
__________________
O G MUDBONE: Only You can prevent forest fires.
FireInCairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #90 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Not in todays standards no...

We have minds of our own yet there are millions of us... I dont really wanna argue with you about this..
I'm not saying humans are not designed to reproduce, I am saying just because women give birth to children it does not mean the man does not have a role in the bringing up of them. As in, there is a blurry line to who does what when regarding different genders. You are already arguing though? I just want you to understand that it's not women's sole role in life to raise children.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.