Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #126 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
Alright, I'm definitely not reading through 12 pages of arguments to only join in on it, but I will offer my opinion on gender roles

Gender roles are unavoidable, no matter how it's looked at. Men are, on average, stronger then women and thus are more likely to be doing the hard work. Men also think in a way that pertains more to science and math, while women more towards language arts so those careers will always be prominently represented by their genders.

However, I find lots of gender roles still to be bull****. Women have as much a right as men to work. On the contrary, women aren't any smarter then men (despite what some say), etc etc
I see what you are trying to say, but I don't think you're completely following it. Genetically men and women are very different, however there are so many exceptions. From the beginning of the human race we were focused on survival and reproduction. Now with the advancements in our brain capablilities it's no longer black and white. Women are no longer require to just bear children, and men are longer meant to bring home the bacon (or screw other women soley for reproduction purpose).

Women learn differently from men which can often affect the path of education both sex's can follow. Let's not forget that society incorportates the gender roles, forcing people to stick to their specific rules to not lose the female and male identities.

As far as females and males intelligence goes, it's not really linked to what sex they are, it's due to how someone is brought up, their education levels, their socio-economic status and so on. People like to group others according to their sex which is completely unjustified.