Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #122 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

I think it's perfectly fine for a parent to inflict pain on their children as a last resort of getting through to them. Of course this needs to be done strategically... the "wait till your father gets home" method isn't a good way of going about it. If too much time passes after the bad behavior, then beating the child is useless as they most likely won't directly connect the punishment to that beating and will eventually be bad again. If you are a good parent and have patients to take the time to raise your child to realize when they are bad by using "a look" or words and that still doesn't work... then I say slap the little brat. If you are a cowardly parent who rather neglect their kids and just beats them for any little thing before trying other methods, well... then you are an abusive prick and deserve to go to jail and/or have your child taken from you.

There is a difference between proper discipline and improper abuse... as long as the parent is using the appropriate methods in order to raise their children, I say the government should stay the f*ck out of it.