Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #215 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
I'm pretty sure thats still in affect... Or you could tell me why I'm wrong..
What exactly is in effect?

I'm not going to tell you that "you're wrong" just because I disagree with you. You have your reasons for doing and saying whatever it is that you do, just as I do and everybody else on this site and around the world. That is to say everybody is right in their own mind unless its a matter of physical method to achieve a desired result.

But I can tell you why I disagree.

"Hell", as it exists in the realm of religious ideology, is to me, a threat promulgated by a deep-seated phobia usually instilled at a very young age. It's an Old Wives' Tale. And its that kind of brainwash that I desperately hope that mankind will lose it's taste for.
To me, a real Hell is a living Hell. One you know as you live it. Failing a loved one in a way that you can never ever compensate for or not attaining your life's greatest ambition are a couple of ideas I could imagine.
So. Your "Hell". The whole "Lake of Fire, Nine Circles, Fire-Everywhere-And-Yet-Its-Still-Dark" scenario? Threatening somebody with that just because they told you to mind your own business just seems like a dick move to me. That's why I don't agree with it.
ElephantSack is offline   Reply With Quote