Music Banter - View Single Post - Taylor Swift
Thread: Taylor Swift
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
4ZZZ
Forever young

Actually Rezz I think you lost my point. I don't care that there are corporate FM friendly artists like Taylor Swift. It has always been like that. She is no different than Elton John to me.

I am just surprised that so many of you think that there is some proliferation of commercial artists backed by big corporations and that it is new, or at least more prevalent, than it was in the past. IMO the big corporations have never had it so bad thanks to www and blogs. I am not crying a tear for them by the way. Fuk em. They were ripping of the artist and the punter years back. I learnt that years back when involved in the production of 60,000 CD's (yes 60 thousand CD's) for a company I worked for.

As I said Taylor Swift I know nothing about but she apparently can sing, write as tune and play an instrument and is attractive. So some corporation is now backing her and the public at large are keen. So what! If I hear her and like her I will..........well like her. Being backed by a corporation and your and my mum liking her is kinda nothing to do with it in the end.