Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Spotlight
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #75 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Man, I would love to have a NICE discussion with you about NE and Boston...They few people I have met from Boston were the most arrogant(sp?) ****s...so its given me a poor perception. I now live in CT from FL and find that overall people lack that 'southern hospitality' up north. Quick example, my car battery died last week and had my kid in the back seat and while Im trying to push the damn boat over a small bridge all anyone could do was drive by and honk. Im not trying to make any generalizations here what so ever and this could be a great discussion, probably meant for another thread, but I have a bad taste in my mouth from this place and would like to leave here as quickly as possible. I do like the northern scenery though! Rocks and evergreens all day long. And God, how I'm sick/jealous of Boston winning every damn sport.

Do you root for the Boston/ NE teams? You rooting for the Bruins going to the cup this year?

no thats fairly accurate. But its really how you interpert it. The thing that drives me off about Southerners is the exclusionary elements as you move west. Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas.

I remember in a "town hall meeting" Bush was having in 2004, and he said something about John Kerry and followed it with "what do you expect from a Senator from Massachusetts." I was pissed.

People are salty here, i don't know what to say. On one hand, its kinda rude. On the other hand its efficent. The thing I love about being up here is no one tries to talk to you, you go in somewhere, and you leave.

"what can I get ya?"
"camel lights."
"that it?"
"yep"
"$4.56...receipt?"
"all set"
"see ya buddy"

That clocks in at 20 seconds.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact we have winter. It makes ya salty. I don't know.

I can completly see why you'd hate them. but they're my people.

As for sports teams, I love going to games, and playing sports, but i never have time to watch any team on TV.