Music Banter - View Single Post - Nick Cave is Better Than All The Artists That Have Threads In Here
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #131 (permalink)
Neil Loots
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
Australian Goth? Hardly seems the gothic type, and isn't normally qualified as such (The Bad Seeds I am talking about of course)

Have you ever visited Australia? Just wondering, no malice...
Australian gothic, I meant. "Goth" is something entirely different, clearly. I would consider aspects of Tom Waits' oeuvre to be American GothIC, for example. Perhaps I am wrong in this assumption, too? Oh well, can't get it right every time.

No, I have visited Australia. I am sure it is filled with "good" and "bad" people, just as is any place. And mainstream media output is not a representative reflection of a nation: if this were so, America, for example, would solely be associated with Friday night football, Saturday night baseball, the hotdog and hamburger, Oprah, Tyra American Idol, The E! Channel, Rihanna, Beyonce, etc.,etc (!!!) Point taken.

Unrelated: didn't Cave perform a duet with Kylie Minogue at one point, before her "comeback"? What is the consensus on this song, "Where The Wild Roses Grow"?