Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rolling Stones vs. The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #663 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Dear god, I'm having DDD circa 2005 flashbacks.

But lets see, you consider The Beatles and Stones the two worst bands of all time, and I assume you don't give them credit for anything, yet a huge margin of what you listen to is influenced by them. Gee, dissing The Beates and Nirvana? NOBODY ever does that, yeah you're a real rebel, don't let the media control you man.

These parts made me chuckle.
I dont get your comment about grammar teacher. When I was in English I never heard anything about music let alone anything about The Beatles or their lyrics. So you suspect that I either cant read/write/understand music because I simply do not like your two godlike geniuses. They are only two bands out of all the bands that have ever been, day after day i find great band s with great lyrics and excellent music who have been overlooked.
So please dont resort to talking rubbish. As for Nirvana I like two tracks 'About A Girl' & 'Something In The Way' but they are no where near(IMO) the best grunge band, they were simply the most commercially successful/most popular/most hyped/most talked about. Doesnt necessarily make them the best by any means. People seem to live their lives by the media and album sales instead of forming their own opinions on what they like and making their own minds up.
For instance I had never heard of The Beatles/didnt know of their legacy at around age 12 or 13 or so and my uncle gave me a tape (think it was Sgt Pepper) and I listened to it and thought it was dreadful and still do.