Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #431 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Well going by that distorted logic, I guess Prince should stop making music because it will never be as good as his old material. I guess Stevie Wonder should stop making records because it will never be as good as his old classics. I guess James Brown should have stopped performing because he was well over 50. Thats a ignorant logic because these legends do what they do because they ENJOY it. Its YOUR choice how you rate them and the pedestal you sit them on but their going to continue to do their thing.
Look I'm a big Jackson fan but I agree with whatsitoosit, there comes a time for every famous artist and band that once they fade away or are way past their prime, the fans don't want to hear their new songs anymore. If people go to a Jackson concert nowadays they don't want to hear some crappy new Timberlake-lite songs he wrote, they want Billie Jean and Beat It, Smooth Criminal and Bad, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough and Off The Wall, the classics. That's the case for most old bands that are still together, weither it be Genesis or Van Halen, they can throw in some new songs but what people really want are the oldies.

There's nothing wrong if Jackson were to just accept that, there was a time when he ruled the pop industry, but that time has passed. Nowadays he'd do just fine being a human jukebox.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote