Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #56 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I don't necessarily think the right way to promote responsibility is by taking away people's freedoms. Furthermore, by using the "manning-up" argument for being pro-life, you're extrapolating the argument into something which it isn't. This is simply about wether or not people should have the freedom to get abortions if they want - not their feelings of responsibility.

I think there are ways to have the freedom of abortion and promote responsibility in a society at the same time. If your reason for being pro-choice has more to do with people owning up to responsibilities, then I think it's better to start looking for other ways to achieve that goal than argue with the pro-choicers.
I think you meant pro-life, and I agree to an extent with the last paragraph. I completely see the debate as how one looks at it, apparently we are arguing two completely different views on the matter. I take a moral stand point as opposed to the political. I am arguing a more personal belief as opposed to the law and the freedom to get an abortion. Im not looking to achieve any goals, that why I am extremely reluctant to post here. I dont really know how to express my opinions about this, but I am not arguing for a pro-life society, more of expressing my views on abortion. Basically, Im against abortion outside of rape, yet still dont really care about what anyone else does. ****, I cant really explain what I'm trying to say, it's 8am here and I have yet to sleep.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote