Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #87 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Personally, I would like to know to know if anyone here are pro-life based on actual ethics/moral theory and then maybe discuss the topic from there. Abortion is a moral dilemma, yet very few people deal with it as such - or at least they don't word it well.

I'm sure most people have some kind of moral compass when they state their opinions on the matter, but what drives that compass? Why do some consider it immoral to have an abortion?
There has been very little discussion of morals from the pro-choice side, the argument is completely about whether or not a fetus is living, then comparing it to animals, then posting a lame picture. What drives the pro-choice compass? Im completely for the 'tough luck kiddo' mentality. The term 'accidental pregnancy' should not be involved with the term 'abortion' what-so-ever. The fact that I have seen my daughter as a past fetus and heard her heart beat as well as ultrasounds drives my moral compass. Unfan, the firecracker thing is more than less irrelevant in the fact that there is no alternative means after the action. There is no decision to be made and there is no safe alternative. If you want it to be relevant, I'd say you shouldn't have played with fire kiddo, or you'll bet burned.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote