Music Banter - View Single Post - Selling Out Is SOO Underated
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Default Selling Out Is SOO Underated

I don't see why everyone has such huge beef with bands "selling out", even if it was a band that had a small dedicated fan base and decided that eating out of trash cans to pursue artistic endeavors was an enjoyable life style, isn't it not the audiences place to decide what music they create? Besides I think it would be a blast to see what kind of horrible **** you could get mass amounts of people to listen to, hell I bet that in itself could be an art and if you did make **** music but had great potential for interesting music what is stopping you from making it on the side, it is not like you have to release everything you make. Hmm after reading this I realized I didn't really keep the theme of "Selling out" instead I was really talking about pop (not that all pop music is awful), anyways if i were a musical genius I would not feel guilty in any way about making crap music (as long as I could get enough money to afford plastic surgery to ensure that I don't get stoned to death by Anti-Pop indie kids and fake some kind of death involving toilets and hopefully I would be forgotten within 15 minutes). I think my gimmick would be to add reggae to remixs of remixs and the debut would have some kind of non clever reference to pop culture album title like bringing funky town back or something stupid.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote