Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pink Floyd Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #283 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
I've always been mystified how the Wall illicits such harsh reactions from what you'd otherwise consider fans of the band.
Especially when the musical mood of the album isn't that different from Animals. It's very different from other Floyd albums structurely. But it's still very much a Pink Floyd sounding album. Personally I think it's better than Animals.

Quote:
I like the album a lot, I don't think it's there best or even in my personal top three and maybe the fact that it's often one of their highest regarded and most acclaimed albums by the popular majority that irks the fans.
I just can't believe anyone would think it's their worst album. I don't know how an album with Another Brick in the Wall pt 2, Hey You, Comfortably Numb, In The Flesh and Run Like Hell could be the bands worst album. What with Ummagumma and all.

Quote:
The Wall features several classic tracks and holds up stronger on singles then DSOTM. It has a nice flow from start to finish and there is no song that's completely unlistenable even all these years later.
I hate Vera and Bring the Boys Back Home. Those are the only tracks I hate. I like to listen to the album all the way through but those I always skip. They should have kept What Shall We Do Now? in there.

I still love all the singles, but also the deeper tracks. Waiting for the Worms is awesome.

Overall it's probably my 5th favorite Floyd album after DSOTM, WYWH, Meddle and Obscured.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote