Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rock Bands Ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #701 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Maybe I didnt go into enough detail but obviously I know that Beatles style of rock is more closer to original rock & roll compared to the likes of Black Sabbath or Rush.
I thought it would have been too obvious to actually have to say it.
After all you do have to listen to music to judge it anyway.
My perception of 'Rock' (probably due to personal preference) is more accustomed to bands like Rush or Black Sabbath other than original 'Rock & Roll' as you had mentioned.
This would be why I described The Beatles as not being a 'rock' band in my eyes, which I still kind of agree to(to a certain extent).
Perhaps it would be more suitable to place them as an 'original' rock band but then they had their own sound and all that so its hard to place them.
Certain bands (of whom a lot I do not like) have their own distinctive 'mark' or 'sound' on music (if you know what i mean..) such as U2 for instance, their high pitched air guitar sound has been mimicked/copyed by 90% of the new 'Indie Rock' bands; Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon (recent sell out period) & Coldplay to name a few.
Not sure what you're trying to say here but whatever. It's all good.

As for King Crimson albums to start with, definately start with 'In The Court of the Crimson King'. It's an increidble album, maybe follow that up with 'Red'.
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote