Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #393 (permalink)
SugarRush
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
how does science and evolution explain anything besides the known world? what does it explain about the unknown, the everything else.

did the electron not exist prior to being proven scientifically? even though the man who's credited at first theorizing about their existence died 18 years before his belief was proven true.

i understand atheist place their belief of what they see and feel in the hands of science. my question was in regards to explaining the unknown. does it just not matter until there's a laboratory experiment to tell you it does?
What do mean by the unknown world? I am not exactly clear on what you mean by this. Please provide some examples of this.

To address your second point about electrons, your statement is not entirely accurate. Scientists discovered the fundamental fact that objects could be charged, not the presence of electrons. And since they realized that this energy was quantized, meaning it that charge occurs in certain discrete amounts, they decided to represent this elementary charge as e. And then to in order to have a uniform convention they allowed this particle an electron to represent -1 (e). And like cardboard adolescent stated it is simply a "variable".
SugarRush is offline   Reply With Quote