Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you care if an artist is a d*ck?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #108 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
I think that knowing the artist helps put music within a better context, it may be a little looser along the lines of judging but I think it is important to consider.
Yeah thats where the characterisation part comes in, obviously you can only judge music by the actual music itself & not what youve heard about the person who made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonace View Post
This is where my 2 cents comes in...

I couldn't care less what a musician is like at home, but when it starts to effect the music/lyrics/performences, THAT is when I care.

Of course for me there are limits, I refuse to listen to anyone who has taken a life for beat a woman senseless (so no Charles Manson or Chris Brown)
Yeah this is totally spot on mate, all I was getting at was people who hear this or that about a certain artist and then write them off without even hearing their music yet.
Ive heard Chris Brown's music and its ****ing Sh1T! (my sister keeps playing it all the time) but I didnt know he was a wife beater.
As for Charles Manson, as much as an animal he is, I have heard he did some recordings when he was in prison & before as well I think. I was actually thinking about checking some of it out recentely but got caught up on other music. But I wouldnt write it off until Ive heard it,
I know I'm probably a 'psycho' for saying this but there is a possibility I could like some of his music.

Also as for 'wife beating' have you seen Lucifer Sam's avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.

Last edited by Mirrorball95; 05-03-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote