Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #2112 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Actually, this wasn't about an album, you were bashing Bono.

You argued that he was hypocritical and from that, it seems you have some kind of misconception that the worth of whatever piles of cash you can raise for poverty / apartheid / education or other good causes is automatically lowered if you yourself is not poor and live in a tiny house with a small car. You also said he was hypocritical basically for having a large carbon footprint, but none of the mentioned causes actually deal with global warming or environmentalism .. Yet another misconception.

You are not using paragraphs which is another one of your problems. The bit of text above this line is a paragraph.
I mentioned their music at first then went on to discuss Bono.
What is wrong with that? Of course I know what a paragraph is you nonce..
If I dont want to use them as frequently as you do then thats my decision.
Whether people read my posts or not, its out of the question. If they are actually interested in what I have to say then they will not be judging it by how many letters or words there are before I do a paragraph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
Based on your U2 area of discussion, your opinion of him seems based on his life outside of music (After suggesting a lot of their music is quality). How can someone be musically overrated based on their hypocrisy in regards to charity anyway? .
I think his music is excellent, up till around Achtung Baby where the music itself got **** and I dont like any of their stuff after then.
Obviously he is musically overrated in that all the music Achtung Baby onwards has been crap (IMO).
The comment about Bono is a seperate thing so trying to twist it wont work im afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
It has got nothing to do with actually understanding what you are writing, it has to do with the readability of your posts. If something is a mess, people are less inclined to read it.
Is it that hard to press 'enter' twice instead of once, once in a while?
If you cant read mate its your fault not mines. Im not going to perfect my posts, it aint an english class...it takes long enough typing them ffs!
Also regarding the 'press enter' comment; yes its extremely difficult actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2 View Post
Nothing nevermind.
So why bother in the first place then?? Or is it just a desperate attempt to show off your lame limited edition smileys??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.