Music Banter - View Single Post - Comus' 1001 Albums you should listen to before you die
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #75 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

Album 972

Ulver - Kveldssanger
Year: 1995

Probably the best acoustic album you've never heard, at the time a rather big black metal band in the norwegian scene Garm and his bandmates showed their first glimpse of experimentation. In a scene known for it's harshness Ulver brought out this beautiful acoustic masterpiece. Garms overdubbed voice adds to the effect, almost creating a choir like experience. Even more alluring is the subtly imperfect playing of the instruments which adds more than it detracts. This was a bold statement from a band who only did one more black metal album before shifting direction (and were admittedly utter rubbish until shadows of the sun). Let this be your gateway into the wonderful world of Ulver and their four great albums. This is one, as suggested by the title, to listen to at night, while you get ready to sleep, that's what I'm doing!

3 Choice Tracks: Østenfor Sol og Vestenfor Maane, A Capella (Sielens Sang), Ulvsblakk

Compilation will come after my exam tomorrow, unless I can't sleep.
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm

Last edited by Comus; 05-06-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote