Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Alternate digital cover.

MGMT-Oracular Spectacular

Track list:

1.) Time To Pretend
2.) Weekend Wars
3.) The Youth
4.) Electric Feel
5.) 4th Dimesional Transition
6.) Pieces of What
7.) Of Moons,Birds & Monsters
8.) The Handshake
9.) Future Reflections

Album Discription.

This is the first debut album from Brooklyn,New York indie rock band named MGMT. This ablum was released on October 2, 2007 on Columbia Records,available in CD and LP formats in January 22, 2008. This album has new versions of songs released on their previous, Time To Pretend EP which was released in 2005. The songs that have new versions are "Eledtric Feel" and "Kids". MGMT was named one of Last.fm's most played artists of 2008.

Album Review.

the first time I listened to MGMT was at a party. There was strobe lights and loud music. Everythign you would want, but my buddy played this one song. I could'nt figure out who it was by or what it was named. So I did research on Google to find the lyrics. The results for the song came up to be MGMT-Electric Feel. So I did even more reasearch for albums by this band because that 1 song had me from the begining. so I was searching and searching and came upon Oracular Spectacular. Every song on this CD were diffrent from each other. All diffrent from the other in their own way. If you get this album give it a listen 2 or 3 times. It's one of those things I guess has to "Come" on to people. Although I loved them from the get-go. I would suggest this album to everyone that kind of like techno cross with indie rock. som magazines have quoted this band to be "A college dorm experiment gone right!". So with that being said go grab you a copy and just sit and listen for hours on end. It will grow on you I know it will. Anyways all in all I would rate this CD a 10/10 stars because of it's songs that are very diffrent in each other, none of them sound the same and thats what i look for when i'm listening to a band.