Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

The Killers- Hot Fuss

Okay so here I am again reviewing an album, But this one is going to be different. Yes people "Different". I am going to try my hardest and put 100% effort in to this review for you RIGHT-TRACK. Yep, a little different this time dedicating a review to right track, the reason I am dedicating it too him is for adopting me, and bringing me up from the lowest rung of the MB ladder to maybe up there with the well respected member of MB. So without any further "banting" from cory (How ironic) here is The Killers - Hot Fuss.

Track listing-

1. Jenny Was A Friend of Mine
2. Mr.Brightside
3. Smile Like You Mean It
4. Somebody Told Me
5. All These Things That I've Done
6. Andy, Your A Star
7. On Top
8. Change Your Mind
9. Believe Me Natalie
10. Midnight Show
11. Everything Will Be Alright

Album information.
Hot Fuss by the post post-punk band The Killers was the debut album from the Las Vegas, and was first released in 2004. This album is so great that it stayed in the Top 50 of the Billboard 200 for FIFTY WEEKS!!! This album reached #1 in both the UK and Australia. It has 4 singles off of this disk and sold more than 2,500,000 copies in the first year it was released, and since then 5,000,000 have been sold worldwide. Along with all of those great achievements Hot Fuss has earned 5 Grammys. That's amazing!

Album review.
I remember the days where me and my friends would be speeding down the street in one of our cars blasting music and just having a good time. We listened to everything rock,rap,country hell we even were flying down the street listening to some music from the twentys, but the one artist that was stuck in my head was The Killers. We would listen to them almost everytime we were in that car. The album just happened to be Hot Fuss too. What I'm trying to get at is this album is full of fun songs and great music. It keeps you right up there in the moment with every passing song. When you get to the end of the Cd you don't want it too end. With amazing tracks like Mr.Brightside you can just drop the top down and have a nice relaxing ride down by the beach. This album is different than most of the loud screaming beep bop music that I usually review. The Killers have a nice mellow flow and sound to their music. I could argue that this is one of the best post-punk bands of todays music scene.I would recommend this album to people who love post-punk music and semi-quite songs. Other albums by The Killers that I would suggest would be Sam's Town,Sawdust,Day & Age, and When You Were Young. So if this sounds like a great buy to you, which I can assure that it is. Go out and grab a copy and drop the top and just cruise.

I rate this album a 8/10 because "Punk" really isn't my thing but this band is a really good band