Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

A Day to Remember-And Their Name Was Treason

Track Listing:
01. Intro
02. Heartless
03. Your Way with Words is Through Silence
04. A Second Glance
05. Casablanca Sucked Anyways
06. You Should Have Killed Me When You Had the Chance
07. If Looks Could Kill
08. You Had Me At Hello
09. 1958
10. Sound the Alarm

Abum Review:
The promo-sheet that came with this album says A Day To Remember embraces "both mosh and pop ala Saves The Day, melodic singing, and youth crew chants." This quite accurate, and I definaly agree with it. They have both hardcore and beautiful songs. This band is a mix of Hardcore and pop-punk styles. Alot of peopel hate this band and say that their styles are "cluster f*cks of style" but in my opinion they have alot of musical talent. Displayed very well in this album. They make great GREAT soft songs. A prime example of this is "You had me at hello". Thsi is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. I do agree with alot of peopel that have reviewed this album that their lyrics are a bit harsh for "Thanking the heavenly father". Besides that little bugger this band is pretty sweet. This album was released in 2005 out of Indianola Records. (Which have alot of great bands.) My outlooks on this band is that they are doing pretty well in the musical scene. Like anyother band they have their lovers and haters. That is to be expected. I'll give you any example of their lyrics to let you decide if they are good.

Lyrics are from the song "You Had Me At Hello".

You had me at hello.

I've never seen a smile that can light the room like yours
It's simply radiant, I feel more with everyday that goes by
I watch the clock to make my timing just right

Would it be okay?
Would it be okay if I took your breath away?

And I'm wasting away, away from you.

What have I gotten into this time around
I know that I had sworn I'd never trust anyone again but I didn't have to
You had me at hello

So with that I'll let you decide on what you think of the band. I would personally tell you to go out and grab this album. It's a good listen.

I rate this album 8/10 because it is good but it has haters which take its reputation down a little bit, but all-in-all its a great album.

Last edited by coryallen2; 05-11-2009 at 06:42 AM.