Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Cinematic Sunrise - A Coloring Storybook And Long-Playing Record

Track Listing:
1. Pulling A Piano From A Pond
2. Goodbye Friendship, Hello Heartache
3. Umbrellas And Elephants
4. Our Honeymoon At Weston Hills
5. The Wordless
6. You Told Me You Loved Me

Release Date- May 13, 2008 out of Equalvisions Records.

Album Review:
I love spending time with family, weather it be at get togethers or just sitting at the house. The one thign that I love doing is coloring with my nephew. He is 4 years old, and liek all kids he loves crayons and colored pencils. This album is great for just that. It's fun,kid friendly and dose'nt lack any musical taste at all. Just because I say this album is "Kid friendly" dose'nt mean it's some little Kidz Bop type deal going on. Actually this band is a side project of Chiodos, and like all of the other side bands Craig Owens has made it is great. So for me sitting and coloring with my nephew is great... Listening to Chiodos is great. Cinematic Sunrise is basically Chiodos. It's a win-win situation. Anyways this album is a little diffrent than the other albums Craig Owens has made. It's has more piano's and acoustic work. Lots less of the screaming. The story behidn the album art is a funny one. I read on the internet that Craig Owens was quoted "I asked for crayons but they gave me colored pencils. I got really mad." HAHA. Big deal aye? This album art has animals and hidden pictures of band members. It's quiet fun actually. I woukld reccomend this album to everyone. You can play it around kids and not get bored with it. So that brigns me to my rate of the album. I rate it a 10/10 because it is a NICE peice of work. So I would say go grab this album and if you like it grab a few Chiodos albums and a few Sound of Animals Fighting albums.