Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #477 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Blah.

IMO, Off The Wall and Thriller are 5 stars and Bad and Dangerous are 4. Not that much of a gap in quality.

Disc 2 of HIStory is pretty blah. I have to agree with Urban on how mindnumbingly awful Earth Song is.

I haven't heard Invincible but having heard the singles I intend to keep it that way.

So I disagree with you strongly on Bad and Dangerous, they lack the R&B flavor but I think they were excellent pop albums. Sure Dangerous had the epic sh*tfest that was Heal the World, but the rest of the album is so damn good that it makes up for it... Well, almost.

Jackson's true decline (musically that is) started with HIStory, what a bloated mess.
I really like Dangerous too. It does get a lot of stick though. It's very true that Heal The World is awful and the album does trail off in quality towards the end I feel which is disappointing but the first few tracks are actually very good in my opinion. It was the first MJ album I owned which may have something to do with it, I loved it when I was younger. I still feel he did well to successfully move with the times on that record without selling himself short.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote