Music Banter - View Single Post - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Thread: Lynyrd Skynyrd
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
What I mean is you seem to criticize the songs for being simple and repetitive, but that's what rock n roll is, and I've never gotten the logic behind "once a great song is played on the radio thousands of times, it's no longer great".

"Simple and repetitive" is just the easy, cookie cutter criticism everyone makes of bands like Skynyrd and AC/DC because they can't find anything truly constructive to say. Having been in the company of many prog fans, I get that kinda stuff a lot. And I'm very tired of hearing it.
I think if you read my post again, you'll see I'm not criticizing the band for being overly simple or repetitive. I am criticizing DJ's for melting a solid and deep music catalog down to four-seven songs which may or may not be their best anyway.

Whenever people think of Skynyrd they think they are Sweet Home\Free Bird and the like and nothing else. It sells them short as I noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote