Music Banter - View Single Post - Dream Theater--Greatest Metal Band of this Era
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #238 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
I'm sorry you can't be talented if you make ****ty music, sure you can have all the technical skill in the world and still not be talented. I hate people who say "I don't like Dream Theater but they are great musicians". No sorry, great musicians make great music, ****ty musicians make ****ty boring music. As such stop saying you don't like this band but they're good musicians. If you don't like it, then by your standards they're not good musicians.

Dream Theater as such have ****ty musicians becuase they make ****ty music.
Now I've not heard this Dream Theater band yet so cant comment on that aspect of your post.

But what the hell are you talking about man?? If people have talent or 'technical skill' as you better put it yourself , they have talent, even if the music its self is not to your taste.
You shouldnt be doing album reviews IMO if thats your attitude towards music.

This is one of the things I learned about music. There are certain artists that I simply dont like but can respect them and realise their talent/influence for example Freddy Mercury- many people say he had the best vocal of all time, which is very quite probable.

In addition, your use of the term '****ty' only stems from your own personal opinion which is harshly used in your ruling that bands have '****' musicians because they make '****ty boring music'.
Ive never heard such a narrow minded, elitist, self centered view!
P.S. & People have the nerve to call me elitist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote