Music Banter - View Single Post - Dream Theater--Greatest Metal Band of this Era
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #256 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Although it seems to have escaped you what you mentioned here is what the beauty of this type of music is. Anybody can do it & use it to put across any message they like
Your totally right, I think you nail it with this comment. Its such a free genre & open to any new ideas that any artist may have & there are people out there like you & me who will actually revel in it and want to listen to it.
Like I said before Avant Garde along with Jazz are the two most exciting genres for me- I'm still rooted in Rock & still actively seek & listen to all the usual rock stuff (& the unusual stuff as well)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
At the end of the day, anyone can practice and practice and practice and be able to play anything they get the tabs for or whatever. But it takes true talent to write something good.
Thats right, so initially you have to possess the talent to be able to play the instrument & compose music properly in the first place; and thats before we get to what kind of music it is, what its about, whether people say its **** or not. Just shows you how hard some musicians must work only to be put down at the end (some deservedly so though..).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.

Last edited by Mirrorball95; 05-17-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote