Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #212 (permalink)
cheezyridr
Music Addict

i couldn't actually read all those pages, so i read a few and skipped to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
That riff in Orion is sublime.
no argument there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
The Napster situation revealed their true character as musicians which only augmented the fact that they haven't released a good album in 20 years. They're a brand not a band.
i agree partly with this also, although i would replace the word musician with the word people.

the thing is, for all their considerable talent (and all here admit that it is considerable) you need to be somewhat p1$$3d off, and hungry, and young and rebellious to be a great metal band.
you just can't sing the blues when you'r drivin a cadillac. how bad can life really be when you own mansions and ferraris? sure parts of it can suck,
but you don't live for the music like they did back in the days when they all lived in one apt and lived on ketchup and bread. when you're busy looking through furniture catalogs trying to figure out which dining room set defines "me" as a person, you're not metal anymore. that's just the way it is.

it's why mike muir took zack de la rocha to task calling people to fight the power and fight "the man" all the while working for sony and doing a nike commercial. it's why you can't be punk rock and do burger king ads.
people get old, their lifestyles change, their priorities change.
if hendrix, morrison and duane allman all lived their lives out they woulda got paunchy and tired, because that's what life does to you.
cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote