Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #216 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Nice burn Pelosi; you're clearly the Democrat here though seeing as you're now going back on what you said and twisting it. You never touched on downloading being beneficial to the consumer/artist all you said was it's increased sales; which is vague and it seemed more like a throwaway comment then anything else. Also the big four have taken big hits since downloading's become popular - that's why they've been so rabid in crucifying everyone from your grandma to the owner of OiNK.

Now to disabuse you of your ignorance. PMRC didn't just want to put a label on all albums and end it there; that was the compromise that came up. They wanted musicians dropped from labels for having "explicit" performances, songs to be removed from the radio and album from stores (completely) and of course they accused every metal band under the sun of brainwashing the youth to listen to drugs and worship satan. That is far more than a simple "parental advisory label" it's lucky those menopausal psychopathic fundamentalist evil witches were stopped with just a sticker.

I never said Lars was Hitler, but he was being a greedy (like basically any band of Metallica's stature) control freek and denying that would be stupid. He didn't say "oh I'm so sad about CDs and how they're suffering from this" he wanted a lot of money. He's even acknowledged this and even apologized and admitted ignorance to the whole phenomena.

Now I don't understand why you think itunes is going to hurt the RIAA or the big four - you realize they make money off of legal downloading right? Those songs are paid for and labels like Sony get their cut for their music that's put up. Now Girl Talk/Radiohead and that method of getting people to music probably will kill the big four but itunes won't at all if anything it helps by forcing them to modernize while still making a profit.

Also as far as me picking a "minor point" and going after it...that's bullshit. In typical syntactical logic the last few paragraphs are considered to be a "conclusion" of sorts and your last two paragraphs drew a direct comparison between what Zappa did and what Ulrich did; which I stand by being completely false and disingenuous.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote