Music Banter - View Single Post - Samples from Easy Dub All Stars Version of Sgt. Pepper's
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

It's about a 50/50 proposition. Sgt. Peppers, With A Little Help from My Friends, and a Day In Life are good, but I was never too fon of the Beatles version of the album either. I think Revolver or Rubber Soul would have worked better for Easy Dub. I'd love to see them do a version of Working Man's Dead which is a natural for a dub reggae version.

Like it or not, Sgt. Pepper's is a real commercial breakthrough for Easy Dub and I'm always hoping that a mega-selling reggae album will spark a renewed public interest in roots reggae.

With the exception of Marley, reggae music has never has never gone mainstream in America, in the same manner as it did in the late 70s and early 80s when I was traveling back and forth to the UK a lot.

I learned more about reggae music on my trips to the UK than I did when I travelled to Jamaica.