Music Banter - View Single Post - Don't Ask Don't Tell
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #108 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Air Force is different. Rank is based entirely on test scores, time in grade, and EPR's. Sleeping with an officer wont help either. (maybe effect your EPR slightly, but it's doubtful) I had something going with my OIC when I first got in. All I got was an annoying clingy girl that thought there was nothing weird about messing around with her annoying little yippy dog crawling on top while we were doing stuff. I still had to wait the three years to put on E-4 like everyone else, and still had to wait the year and a half and get the score to put on E-5 recently.
Damn dude, thats risky buisness. I put on E-4 in 7 months (no big deal) and Navy does advancement exams also. But evaluations weigh very heavily on advancement as well. Basically it comes down to a decision board that decides who make it and who doesn't by looking at you on paper. So if you have the person writing you eval in your pocket then you have a serious advantage even if you test like a rock. Maybe in the air force its different, in fact im almost sure of it. But regardless, my point is that in the Navy, favoritism is a fairly big issue.

p.s. Is it rue you guys take your PRT on bikes?
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote