Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands you hate that everyone else loves
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #247 (permalink)
PartisanRanger
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Yeah, I really don't think anybody besides me does. Just bores me to death. I didn't mind that one single from it, but even that got old quickly.
Looks like you're not alone, but I guess that goes to show you how much individual tastes can diverge. I was blown away the first time I heard Funeral. I listen to it almost daily. 4 of the songs are on my 25 most played.

Quote:
As for "Revolver"...I quite like "I'm Only Sleeping" and "She Said She Said", but the rest...well, "I'm Only Sleeping" just about sums it up, aside from the last track, which...for all its originality, is a fairly grating song to listen to. I'm not sure why - it's like when your parents ask about your distaste for a particular food. You can't really give an answer as to why you don't like it, it just tastes bad. I used to like "Tomorrow Never Knows", but I gave it a listen recently and the sound of it just...irritated me for some reason.
I'm not as huge a fan of Revolver, so I get where you're coming from. I like the drums in Tomorrow Never Knows, but otherwise it's not that interesting.
PartisanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote