Music Banter - View Single Post - Colour Coded Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #139 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

I loved the review of Emperor Tomato Ketchup! I realized I hadn't checked in here recently and wanted to see what you'd done lately, and happened to find your second to last review is not only one of my favorite albums, but also what I happen to be listening to right now. One of the great things about Stereolab is what you mentioned in your review; their most accessible album is easily their best. I have managed to find Abductions and Reconstructions, Dots and Loops, Fab Four Suture, and Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements, and none of these can compare with ETK. The diversity of this for an electronic album simply amazes me. Dots and Loops comes in at a close second, but does not have the same feeling of genre hopping that I get when I listen to ETK. And PMO, my personal opinion is that it does not have the same popularity as something like In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, which is, of course, widely regarded as a classic indie rock album, because the genre is just not quite as popular. I feel that they still did something very unique here.

I also liked your review of NMH. While I wouldn't give it a 10 personally, I understand what you're saying about it (and it is certainly up there in my favorites, I'm just very very strict with my ratings). The range of opinions on this album is insane (although here on mb, the concensus seems to be that it's one of the best. Keep up the good reviews! I'm really enjoying this!
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote