Music Banter - View Single Post - Health Care Legislation to cost $1 trillion
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
asshat
king of sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
lmao please tell me you thin i'm quoting the declaration of independence to argue for a trillion dollar+ nationalized healthcare

[blanet statement not aimed at anyone]
It's amazing to me that a lot of the people that were so mad about government wiretaps and how that information could be misused, etc, are comfortable with the thought of this. Wiretap info could be misused, but no chance in hell if they have all the info on their medical history [alcohol abuse, drug usage, mental health] won't be misused at all.

Throw on top the budget deficit last year was ~$480 billion. We are already projected to have ~$1.8 trillion this year. GREAT time to enact this.
....whether health care is public or private, records of your medical history still exist...and the government could just easily spy on one as the other.
There's also this thing called "doctor-patient" confidentiality, that still exists in countries with public health care

....nobodies forcing you to use a public system. I'm glad it will be available to people who can't afford private health care though.