Music Banter - View Single Post - Health Care Legislation to cost $1 trillion
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Hesher
Palm Muted

The asshat has it. If you think you shouldn't need to support other people by contributing to health care then you don't need a police force, firemen, an army, you don't need a government, prison system, etc. whatnot. Go live in somewhere lawless. Subsidized health care is just an extension of other services we all put in for to assure the society runs smoothly. And hey, even if you are paying higher taxes, you don't have to pay insurance premiums anymore, so either way you're still paying. Think of it as gaining the constant convenience of not having to budget for unexpected health problems rather than losing the independence of choosing your own insurance plan.

I live in Canada and have very little to complain about with socialized health care. I'm just now healing from a broken ankle which I haven't paid a cent for aside from my leg cast ($100 because I wanted the nice one). The surgeon is a really affable guy and has helped me along with the entire recovery. I waited a couple miserable days before and after surgery but there was nothing more money could have done to improve the situation. I think not having socialized health care is essentially nothing short of barbarism.
Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote