Music Banter - View Single Post - Screamo: A Dying Style?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:23 AM   #131 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
I loved their beginnings. I listened to them religiously for several years, attended a ton of shows, own both first albums and a 7" single which is signed by Dallas Green, AND I actually interviewed him for the youth newspaper I worked for in high school. They WERE one of the most down-to-earth and accessible groups in the genre, until they released an album that sucked and started playing crappy shows. You didn't read what I wrote very well.
I think I read what you wrote very well, you think their songwriting skills have gone to ****, and the vocals have gone downhill. I know how you could be disappointed by this kind of change as I have experienced it several times myself (being part of the original Indianapolis metalcore scene) bands making it big tend to lose touch of their roots very quickly. That's where you lose respect for them, but to say Crisis is an all around bad album doesn't exactly sit that well with me. I happen to like quite a few tracks from that album.

Although I do agree that they won't ever surpass their debut album in terms of originalilty and creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote