Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 02:58 PM   #674 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I said that the bible similar to a fable..

A fable is something in which, there is a story, but underneith that story, is a deeper meaning.. and morals.

Just like the bible.

The boy who cried wolf teaches you not to lie, the bible teachers you to behave or off to hell you go.
Yes, and each story in the Bible has a deeper meaning. What I have a problem with is that you read all sorts of stories with deeper meanings under them, but I don't see you throwing a fit about them. I doubt you do. What is the last fiction story you read?

As far as Bible teachers telling you that, I am pretty sure the religious text is where you will find the religion. The people demonstrate it and it becomes tainted. I don't think that being poor is awesome simply because there are a couple of starving artists creating good art.

Quote:
You have read the bible, correct?

And do you consider yourself of a specific religion?
I would consider myself a weak atheist. I am a weak atheist in that if I ever found a reason to not be one I would surrender my beliefs. However, atheism is the most rational option. Of course, the term comes no where close to describing my beliefs about things.

I have read the Bible probably numerous times. I was a Christian at one time, one who read the Bible.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote